Welcome to Unofficial International LeEco Phone Support

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mike Warner

[MTK X20] Google Integration ROM - by mwarner

51 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have spent a few days putting together a Custom ROM for my LeEco Le 2 Pro X620, with the idea to provide a more Stock Android experience, and thought I would share it with you here.

Features:

- Updated the integrated Google Services
- Replaced the EUI Launcher with the Google Now launcher
- Added in a set of base Google Applications (Gmail, Maps, YouTube, Photos, Music, Calendar etc)
- Added Multi-language support
- Removed unwanted Chinese apps

NOTE: Both the initial flash and first boot can take a long time - please be patient!

The ROM is not rooted - if you wish to root the ROM, download and flash SuperSU from Chainfire. Open the SuperSU app before initialising any application that requires root access granted.

Version 2.2b

- Replaced the boot animation with that from the Google Pixel
- Update the initial boot screen to remove the 'orange state' warning
- Included all the additional 20S firmware files so flashing from 18S or below will be successful
- Include TWRP 3.0.2-0

Le2_X620_GoogleIntegration_V2-2b_020S.zip

Version 2.1

- Added Multi-language support
- Removed additional unwanted LeEco apps

Le2_X620_GoogleIntegration_V2-1_020S.zip

Version 2.0

- Based around Stock 020S

Le2_X620_GoogleIntegration_V2_020S.zip

Version 1.0

- Based around Stock 018S

Le2_X620_GoogleIntegration_V1_018S.zip

Notifications

LeEco ROMs are very aggressive in closing down applications in the background, which can lead to missed notifications. I have written up a guide to setting up this (and all other custom ROMs) to ensure that notifications are always received for your apps

Fixing notification issues on LeEco devices

Tutorial

I have also written up a tutorial which explains how I created this ROM and hence how you too could create something similar yourself!

Le2 X620 Custom ROM Tutorial

Le2 Homescreen.jpg

Edited by Mike Warner
Added V2.2b
8 people like this

22 minutes ago, kingoftf said:

Wow, Super, nice Christmas present, Thank You

No problem - Version 2, which is based around Stock 20S, is currently uploading to androidfilehost as I type, so if anyone wants to have a play with this ROM then it may be worth waiting a few minutes.

2 people like this

Congratulations Mike!

Very good tutorial and of course the ROM

Well done and Merry Christmas!

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Amazing Alex said:

multilingual? Fingerprint scanner is left?

No, it's not Multilingual - just the stock languages i'm afraid. I'm English, so it doesn't really affect me, but I will look up how multi languages are implemented and make an update to the ROM in the future.

The fingerprint scanner is working fine.

Только что, Mike Warner сказал:

No, it's not Multilingual - just the stock languages i'm afraid. I'm English, so it doesn't really affect me, but I will look up how multi languages are implemented and make an update to the ROM in the future.

The fingerprint scanner is working fine.

We will wait for multilingual firmware. For diligence respect.

You can add morelocate to get almost any language

Edited by kingoftf

After first start could not get root access......

Will try to flash the 20s ROM again without wipes.. 

No, does not work, have to flash SU

Hmmm, bootloop after flashing SU

Edited by kingoftf

11 hours ago, kingoftf said:

After first start could not get root access......

Will try to flash the 20s ROM again without wipes.. 

No, does not work, have to flash SU

Hmmm, bootloop after flashing SU

Kingoftf, I don't know,maybe it's some issue with SU

I flashed the ROM ,boot very well even take a long time (after 10 min !!) and after that reboot again in recovery mode and flash SU

Also, it's a significant delay when SU permit root access for a programme 

No, for me it shows a message directly "No Root access" when open Titanium Backup f.e. 

I was using kingroot, now is not working, does supersu work ?

31 minutes ago, Mile said:

I was using kingroot, now is not working, does supersu work ?

Yes,for me work installed SU

FYI, I just tried rooting the device with my Version 2 (20S) firmware. I installed the latest SuperSU from TWRP, installed BusyBox and Titanium from the Play Store, opened up SuperSU then opened BusyBox and installed it. I then opened Titanium and all worked well.

I did notice that without opening SuperSU first, the other two apps would not find root / open up the Root privilege dialog.

Hope that helps!

Amazing work! I would love to get more Vanilla-Experience in our devices, keeping only LeEco Camera.

Say, using your tutotial, can i integrate GApps in any available ROM, like MIUI for example?

2 hours ago, Konamy said:

Amazing work! I would love to get more Vanilla-Experience in our devices, keeping only LeEco Camera.

Say, using your tutotial, can i integrate GApps in any available ROM, like MIUI for example?

The tutorial is fairly generic, but there will likely be some step changes required for MIUI. I haven't ever tried on a MIUI ROM, so can't say for sure.

I'd be interested in knowing how people get on if they do try it!

Edited by Mike Warner
1 person likes this

15 minutos atrás, Mike Warner disse:

The tutorial is fairly generic, but there will likely be some step changes required for MIUI. I haven't ever tried on a MIUI ROM, so can't say for sure.

I'd be interested in knowing how people get on if they do try it!

We i get some free time, i would love to try using your tutorial. 

I knocked up a quick test build for a Multi-language ROM. just replacing the framework-res.apk to allow a full set of languages, and all seems to be well. I will release a proper build tomorrow.

1 person likes this

2 horas atrás, Mike Warner disse:

Added version 2.1, whose main feature is Multi-language support.

Sweet! A few questions: Wouldn't be better to use Pixel launcher instead of Google Now Launcher? What about Android Stock icons instead of LeEco ones?

I chose this device as the hardware offers superb price/performance. Sadly, the EUI ROMs that are shipped with LeEco devices are pretty dire and heavily tailored for the Chinese market. The Custom ROM scene for this mobile is also fairly poor from a Western perspective, so it makes for an interesting (and more challenging) target.

http://mikestechlife.blogspot.rs/2016/12/creating-custom-rom-for-leeco-le-2-pro.html

Mike Warner

Can you put more screenshots

and maybe even a video of the installation itself on phone and user interface featuring...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I currently have installed on the phone BB72 5.9.20S custom ROM. TWRP 3.0.2-0)

1.) If I try to install your ROM whether he will run over TWRP that I already have?

2.) I must rooting my phone after installing your ROM?

3.) Did you make that your ROM comes Rooted and with custom recovery like BB72 ROM?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S.

A very interesting project that brings vibrancy in custom ROM scene.

Edited by laikexpert
correction

7 hours ago, laikexpert said:

1.) If I try to install your ROM whether he will run over TWRP that I already have?

2.) I must rooting my phone after installing your ROM?

3.) Did you make that your ROM comes Rooted and with custom recovery like BB72 ROM?

1. No, the recovery partition is left untouched as of V2.1. I have integrated what I feel to be the best edition of TWRP int 2.2, but that has not been released yet

2. The ROM is not rooted on purpose. If you wish to root it, download and flash the latest SuperSU once you have flashed my firmware.

3. I do not plan on pre-rooting the device, as it gives users the option of having either a non-rooted or rooted device to suit their needs.

2 people like this

Can you put more screenshots.

A little more information and photos, it would be desirable

and maybe even a video of the installation itself on phone and user interface featuring...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you use Google Integration ROM daily as the only one on your phone?

Edited by laikexpert
correction
1 person likes this

Low network signal on 2.2. I had full bar 4g on 2.1 on 2.2 only 1 bar. other added staff ok. Back to 2.1.

Edited by Mile