Welcome to Unofficial International LeEco Phone Support

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

zhoushiyi213

New Official 7.1.1 ROM Soon!

65 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If anyone haven't heard about it from the Chunese official forum , Coolpad is going to publish new ROM for Cool1 and Cool1C! It's named as JUI -- no longer stupid EUI and without many useless preset apps, and it' based on android 7.1.1! Seems to be less modified from AOSP to me.

Look here for screenshots:http://bbs.coolpad.com/thread-5833897-1-1.html

It's being tested in a small circle these days. The expected release date is said to be in June.

Edited by zhoushiyi213
6 people like this

About time. Im on bb72 17s rom with security patch november 2016 feels kinda bad. Hope its going to be a great rom

LeeCo left without an owner. Will not eui rum anymore? What a logic it is. nonsense

Il 16/5/2017 at 20:05, zhoushiyi213 dice:

If anyone haven't heard about it from the Chunese official forum , Coolpad is going to publish new ROM for Cool1 and Cool1C! It's named as JUI -- no longer stupid EUI and without many useless preset apps, and it' based on android 7.1.1! Seems to be less modified from AOSP to me.

Look here for screenshots:http://bbs.coolpad.com/thread-5833897-1-1.html

It's being tested in a small circle these days. The expected release date is said to be in June.

Is it the official update by Leeco?

Posted (edited)

It's made by Coolpad this time.

Looks like it's available for anyone who want to test it. You have to be careful. This is just for testing.

Here is a link from 4pda:

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=776801&st=6240#entry61800473

Everything is there. Use google translate. Be very careful if you don't want to brick your phone. Or wait. 

From 4pda: 

ROLLING BACK TO EUI IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! At the moment. 

DO NOT FLASH IT IF YOU HAVE REPLACED LCD TO NON-ORIGINAL ONE! It might cause a brick! 

Edited by Lachrymist
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 2017-05-26 at 10:50 PM, Lachrymist said:

It's made by Coolpad this time.

Looks like it's available for anyone who want to test it. You have to be careful. This is just for testing.

Here is a link from 4pda:

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=776801&st=6240#entry61800473

Everything is there. Use google translate. Be very careful if you don't want to brick your phone. Or wait. 

From 4pda: 

ROLLING BACK TO EUI IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! At the moment. 

There is no download link 

Edited by ankan53

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, ankan53 said:

There is no download link 

There is! Under last spoiler tag.

Here is a link to google translated post

from google translated 4pda:

Download all the links from MEGA or GoogleDrive 

I flashed JUI and everything runs great for me! Keep in mind that this ROM is not TWRP flashable and you have to follow carefully instruction from 4pad forum. 

Edited by Lachrymist

4 hours ago, Lachrymist said:

There is! Under last spoiler tag.

Here is a link to google translated post

from google translated 4pda:

I flashed JUI and everything runs great for me! Keep in mind that this ROM is not TWRP flashable and you have to follow carefully instruction from 4pad forum. 

Can you tell me about camera and ir blaster etc thing working fine in rom or not and any bugs which you are facing because I thinking to install in cool1 indian version 

Posted (edited)

thanks. now i have downloaded all files. Now i need instructions how to install this rom.

Edited by ankan53

Posted (edited)

I have installed this ROM, and I do not recommend to anyone!

It's slow, push notifications almost never work, sometimes I even don't receive messages when I am using the phone! It has agressive RAM management too, but still consumes all the RAM... so it's a trainwreck so far!

In addition, the launcher cannot be changed, which wouldn't be a problem, it the stock laucher were OK, but it's not! It's some bad MIUI-copy. 

Also, battery draining is bad.

I am really sad that his ROM has ruined the phone because can't be reverted to EUI or any other ROM.........

And I didn't mention the chinese bloatwares. Very bad ROM, very very bad unfortunately.....

We can only hope Coolpad will develop this further, cause it's very bad in this stage. I know it may be a beta, but I've used many-many user-made alpha ROMs in the past so far in my Android phones, but this is the worst, and it is official, if it it's true..  

Edited by american1d10t
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's not that bad. Even not close!
I am very happy with it. Yes, there were some bloatware but you can remove it from TWRP file browser. Yes, RAM management is agressive but you can whitelist apps what you need in background all the time in Mobile Manager app. Yes, there are some glitches but for me there were many more on EUI.

I'm getting very good battery life. http://imgur.com/a/iTsgI (13 hour since charge) And I'm listening Spotify for 3 hours with bluetooth earphones. 

sometimes I even don't receive messages when I am using the phone!

Are you talking about whatsapp? You need to whitelist it in Mobile Manager - Power manager - Background smart management. That might solve problem. 

I'm surprised that you hate it. Yes, you need to do some tweeks yourself but that's expected for closed beta ROM. It's way more stable than I expected! 

@rajamit.raj03, Camera works fine, not sure for IR blaster, since I don't have where to test it but there is same app as EUI had. BUT I am not sure if this is usable for C103 (Indian version). I have C106. 

Edited by Lachrymist
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I am talking about FB Messenger. (but it's true for every app) But sometimes messages come, sometimes do not. My first step was to whitelist Messenger, but it seems to have no effect (in my case). In most cases it refreshes the messages only  when I enter the program. That is the most annoying thing that I could experience in a smartphone. 

I don't know why I experience huge battery drain. I did clean install and I have c106 just like you. It's not even close to your SOT. Mine can do 2-3hours in 50%.

Edited by american1d10t

7 hours ago, Lachrymist said:

It's not that bad. Even not close!
I am very happy with it. Yes, there were some bloatware but you can remove it from TWRP file browser. Yes, RAM management is agressive but you can whitelist apps what you need in background all the time in Mobile Manager app. Yes, there are some glitches but for me there were many more on EUI.

I'm getting very good battery life. http://imgur.com/a/iTsgI (13 hour since charge) And I'm listening Spotify for 3 hours with bluetooth earphones. 

Are you talking about whatsapp? You need to whitelist it in Mobile Manager - Power manager - Background smart management. That might solve problem. 

I'm surprised that you hate it. Yes, you need to do some tweeks yourself but that's expected for closed beta ROM. It's way more stable than I expected! 

@rajamit.raj03, Camera works fine, not sure for IR blaster, since I don't have where to test it but there is same app as EUI had. BUT I am not sure if this is usable for C103 (Indian version). I have C106. 

I downloaded yesterday in firmware folder there is two CPB file which one have to flash to install jui rom and we have to install both patch ?

And can we go back to eui by flashing stock rom with ygtp tool if we don't like rom ?

The instructions on 4pda are quite obvious and easy. (With Google translator) I don't want to be rude but you may not want to flash your phone if you can't follow them.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, rajamit.raj03 said:

And can we go back to eui by flashing stock rom with ygtp tool if we don't like rom ?

NO! You most likely will brick your phone!

I have noticed another bug: Location only works via GPS, it can't use wifi and mobile networks. 

So I know this was my fault that I flashed this to my cool1 but it's  made my phone almost totally unusable for my purposes. I really hope Coolpad is going to fix these issues asap. Closed beta session ends on 9th June, is there a possibility that they publish another closed beta until that time where they fix these?

19 hours ago, Lachrymist said:

NO! You most likely will brick your phone!

Can we directly install p3 firmware without installing P1 and P2 ?

Video calling working ?

Posted (edited)

On 5/31/2017 at 9:33 AM, rajamit.raj03 said:

Can we directly install p3 firmware without installing P1 and P2 ?

Video calling working ?

I use WhatsApp. On WhatsApp video calling works fine.

Why can't you follow the instructions on 4pda? Please, don't flash this ROM, I expect that you will have many more problems if you can't follow it yourself. BTW you don't need to touch P3 AT ALL if your phone is not bricked. And yes, you have to flash both - P1 and P2. Why you want to do it your own way if there are clear instructions? You should wait for final version from Coolpad.

On 5/31/2017 at 0:04 AM, american1d10t said:

I have noticed another bug: Location only works via GPS, it can't use wifi and mobile networks. 

So I know this was my fault that I flashed this to my cool1 but it's  made my phone almost totally unusable for my purposes. I really hope Coolpad is going to fix these issues asap. Closed beta session ends on 9th June, is there a possibility that they publish another closed beta until that time where they fix these?

Yeah, it might be true about GPS but signal strength for me is good though.

Regarding notifications problems and RAM managment. Make sure that it's whitelisted in Mobile Manager - Power manager - Background smart management (I know you already did it) and open recent screen, then pull down app what you want to stay open all the time. There must be a lock besides app icon. This might work. Works for me! 

Screenshot_2017-05-31-13-40-23.png

This ROM should be in public beta stage soon. At least I hope so. Then a lot of glitches should be ironed out. Honestly, this ROM runs better than I expected for this stage. I'm not saying that there are no bugs, there are! I have most bloatware removed, maybe that helps for my battery life and better experience. 

On 5/29/2017 at 10:36 PM, american1d10t said:

In addition, the launcher cannot be changed, which wouldn't be a problem, it the stock laucher were OK, but it's not! It's some bad MIUI-copy. 

You can! First (!) Install launcher you want. Then open TWRP recovery by 7to.cn,  mount system partition [5th - purple icon and check System], go back to main screen, choose 6th option (blue) it's file manager. Go to /system/priv-app/ZsLauncher, when you are in ZsLauncher folder press blue icon on screen's right bottom part and press 6th option [644]. That will chmod 644 that folder. (I'm not deleting it, just in case) After you boot Android there should be new launcher. If something goes wrong, repeat same process but now chmod 755! Just be careful and don't chmod 644 wrong folder.

Screenshot_2017-05-31-14-53-13.png

Edited by Lachrymist
2 people like this

Thank you for your help, but my phone seems to work differently than yours. 

I've locked the apps too, but it's still random... sometimes it does notificate, some it doesn't, sometimes apps even drop the background connection.

I followed your instructions about changing the launcher, but the result was a black screen. Then, I managed to open Nova Launcher from TaskManager, but if I press the home gomb, black screen is the result again (as there were no launcher).

And I still can't set default home app.... so this ROM's kinda annyoying me, but OK, i know it's a beta, but still, it's like I lost my phone. But it's just temporary, the public beta must fix all these things.

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry to hear that. For me everything now works almost perfectly, including Nova launcher. Android finds Nova as possible alternative to stock launcher and opens it automatically every time with home button, even it's not as default launcher, since there is no longer other option. Weird that don't work for you.

Latest post on 4pda forum might be related to your problem. It's here. Basically there are a slightly  different versions of Cool1. "Carlton" version is having problems with JUI. 

If I'll come across any solution, I'll let you know. 

Edited by Lachrymist
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

after istalling this rom i try to root the phone (to much bloatware in this rom) but i brick the phone now is stuck in edl mode but i cant flash it with miflash.

when i conect with pc only the led blink nothing alse and pc reconise qualcom 9008 but when i try to flash with miflash but allways fail

how to fix phone

Edited by exheka1

Posted (edited)

What are you flashing? Now it's right time to flash P3.CPB

Hold on, are you flashing ROM with miflash? It's just for recovery! 

You have to use Coolpad Download Assistant for ROM image

Edited by Lachrymist

i have same problem i bricked phone flashing this rom. now i can only access fastbootmode. and i have to wait to battery drain for phone to turn off

2 hours ago, Lachrymist said:

What are you flashing? Now it's right time to flash P3.CPB

Hold on, are you flashing ROM with miflash? It's just for recovery! 

You have to use Coolpad Download Assistant for ROM image

yes i have try coolpad download assitant first but not work.i think becuose the this rom have the bootloader lock so i want able to reinstall rom i try even with costume recovery still nothing